Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Vette's Manic Panic Shocking Blue Toxic PUNCH!

Good eve-nink my vonderful dahlinks!  Are you a Happy Haunter like me?  I like to celebrate each holiday, and Halloween is no exception!  The following recipe is a fun spirit (har-har) that everyone will enjoy on All Hallows' Eve.  We typically don't drink alcohol in my house, so this is a kid-friendly cocktail as well!!  If you want to share this recipe for a more adult crowd, you always have the option of adding vodka or gin. 


Did you know that simple tonic water glows under a black light?  It might be common knowledge for many, and especially the bartending ilk, but I was unaware until I came upon it by happenstance via this link on the Food Network.  Awesome! 


This punch is full of tarty goodness and bite, which is perfect for Halloween, and it also will be a great addition to my theme this year, which is inspired by Manic Panic's Shocking Blue!  To make this punch, you will need:


1 Liter (33.8 fluid ounces) Tonic Water
64 ounces (2 quarts) "Blue" tropical drink (I found mine at The Dollar Tree, but Hawaiian Punch offers versions in 'Berry Blue' or 'Polar Blast')
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
Stir all ingredients together until the sugar is completely dissolved.  This is where the magic happens!




Here are a couple of shots of my toxic punch before I illuminate it with the black light.



A nice color for certain; it definitely matches my Manic Panic Shocking Blue theme for 2017's Halloween, but this still looks sort of boring.




Add black light.  BOOM!  Instant Spooky-Cool fun!!




Make sure you are using a black light like this one available on sites like Wal-Mart and Amazon,



and not a black light bulb like these I found at The 99¢ Store.  Although these are supercool for Halloween, they do not have UV which is required to make something glow.



If you would like to see this punch featured in my 2017 Halloween Tablescape Inspired by Manic Panic's Shocking Blue, you may visit the post on my blog Parsimonious Décor Darling here,




Or view it via video in my Instagram post here:



If you enjoy this post, you may pin it for future reference:


Have a fun and safe Halloween!!

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤















No comments:

Post a Comment