Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Homemade Starbucks Frappuccino

With the summer and its unbearable heat impending, it makes a gal like me want to run, not walk to the local Starbucks to indulge in mocha frappuccinos. This can become an expensive habit, however; especially with five munchkins clamouring for the decaf version. Last summer, I came up with my own version....prior to this post I searched the net, and I found lots of recipes for homemade frappuccinos, but none specifically how I do it. It still isn't a Starbucks; but it definitely is a pretty good knock off.





  





The cost of a Tall Mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks is $3.52. In my recipe, I use store-bought Starbucks doubleshot espressos. A four pack costs $4.49
Each doubleshot makes approximately two 8 ounce or tall sized sized mocha frappuccinos. In essence, I estimate my version in total costs under $1.00 to make: The coffee costing $0.59 for each tall size, the syrup and ice I'd guess costs much less than $0.41
You will need:
Starbucks doubleshot espresso (small can)
Chocolate syrup
Ice




Start by pouring the espresso into your blender.


                                              



Add approximately 4-5 tablespoons chocolate syrup.




Add two cups ice and blend thoroughly




                                        
   


Serve with whipped cream and garnish with syrup or chocolate powder if you prefer.


                                        


I like my drinks very sweet; you can also add two tablespoons sugar along with 1-2 tablespoons milk for a creamier, sweeter version. Or, you can add different syrup flavors. I buy mine at Cost Plus World Market. They are now available in smaller sizes at Walmart.  Add syrup according to your own specific taste, and add it prior to blending.




If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment