Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving or Christmas Stuffing Makeover

I have such fond memories of my grandmother at Thanksgiving making her traditional from-scratch cornbread stuffing. I so miss that wonderful flavor.  Times definitely have changed...people tend to be busier and want things faster.  If you find yourself in a time-crunch this holiday season, this recipe is an easy way to make a delicious stuffing, lickety-split. 

You will need:  

Two boxes of instant stuffing (stovetop is my favorite)
1/2 cup walnuts or filberts
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2-3 tablespoons water

Begin by preparing stuffing according to package directions, set aside. 

Finely chop walnuts and cranberries.  Add to stuffing with 1 tablespoon of water. 
Across your stuffing, sprinkle the 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.  Add 1 tablespoon water. Mix altogether. This stuffing is best when used inside your fowl.  If comes out so wonderfully. 


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment