Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Easy Spinach and Sausage Quiche


With Mother's Day impending, my brain starts turning and churning to think up ideas for the special occasion.  Sometimes, recipes that are tried-and-true are the best ones!  This quiche is savory and delicious; it is also so easy to make!
 


You will need:
 
Two 6X6 baking pans
 
1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 extra large eggs
1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup lil' smokies sausages, chopped and cooked
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus extra 2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
 
Begin by buttering your pans.  Set aside.

 
Chop all of your ingredients.
 
 
In a small saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic on medium heat with the 1 tablespoon of the butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper until the onions are almost transparent.  Add your chopped sausage and cook until warm.
 
Layer your baking pans with alternating parmesan,


spinach,


and cooked meat mixture.  Repeat until all ingredients are used.

 
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, heavy cream, 1/4 garlic salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.  Pour into your pans over the layered mixture, and add to each 1 tablespoon of shredded parmesan.  Bake for 40-50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven, or until the center is set.  Serve, and enjoy!


 
To view these quiches featured along with my Mother's Day 2015 tablescape set for tea, you may visit the post on my other blog Parsimonious Décor Darling by clicking here.





If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! I like that it does not require a crust, as I have some family members that eat gluten free, so they can enjoy this along with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete