Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Candied Nut Job

I am absolutely nuts about nuts. I love almonds, macadamias, pecans, pinõns, pistachios, walnuts..... the list goes on and on. I love using nuts in cooking as well. One garnish that is delectable and easy to make is the candied nut. For candied nuts, I prefer walnuts or pecans. 

You will need:
Walnuts or pecans, one half cup
1/4 cup brown sugar
Dash cinnamon 
1 tablespoon water
Baking sheet
Parchment paper

Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan. Add water. The water helps the dissolution process as well as making cleanup easy!


Cook over medium heat until the mixture is melted. 
       

       

Place onto parchment lined baking sheet. 
      

Bake at 350 for approximately 5-7 minutes.

Allow to cool. Remove from parchment paper and serve!
 
Tea-dyed Doilies, see The Crafting Table Blog in my profile archives

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment