Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

Easy Peasy Universal Meat Marinade

The backyard barbecue epitomizes summer for my family and I. Even my ten year old has gotten into the act by creating his own signature sauce. Great fun. 

The following marinade is one we use every time. What I love about this marinade is that it is universal.  It can be used on steaks, Chicken, ribs, chops.  It is also very easy and takes no time. 

You will need:
Lemon juice
1 medium Onion
1 whole Garlic
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Seasoned salt
Pepper 
Fresh cilantro (coriander)

Begin by peeling and slivering the garlic. Peel and slice the onion. There is no need to chop the onion; large pieces are perfectly fine. After rinsing, remove stems from cilantro. Season the meat with the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt and pepper. I call it coloring the meat...I sprinkle an even amount across the meat. Flip and repeat.  Place meat into a large bowl.  Douse with an ample amount of lemon juice. Add onions, garlic, and cilantro. Here is where you get in and get your hands dirty. Mix all ingredients together in the bowl using your hands. It's somewhat like kneading.  Make sure all the meat gets covered with the lemon juice, vegetable, and herb mixture.  Place in refrigerator and allow to sit. I prefer for the meat to marinade at least an hour, but if you are in a time-crunch, the minimal amount of time is one half hour.  
This will give your meat such a wonderful flavor that you may not even need to use sauce. (We love yours, though buddy!) 😊

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment