Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sweet Spring or Summer Salad

When the weather changes, so does the palette. I reserve winter for heavy foods such as roasts, stews, and the like. Spring and Summer are seasons when I prefer a lighter, fresher menu. This recipe offers an interesting alternative to the typical Cobb summer salad.

You will need:  
Non-bitter lettuce of your choice (such as iceberg or romaine)
Baby spinach leaves
Strawberries
Crumbled Feta cheese
Candied Walnuts or Pecans (see archives for a how-to)
Semi-tart fruit such as kiwi or grapes

I have decided to use grapes off my own vines for this recipe. These grapes are a tiny bit underripe, which gives them a mellow tart flavor.  

I begin by washing all the vegetables and fruit. 

Pat dry. Remove stems. 





Hull and quarter the strawberries. 




Remove stems from spinach. 


Arrange the leafy greens in a bowl. 


Garnish with the fruit, cheese, and candied walnuts.  Enjoy!!  This salad is truly so lovely it doesn't need dressing. If you love dressing, I'd suggest something light and sweet such as a red raspberry vinaigrette.  

       


You may also add grilled chicken breast as a variation. 


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment