Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Positively Decadent French Toast

French toast, or Pain Perdu in French, likely originated as a way to make use of stale or day-old bread.   Most recipes implement a method of dipping bread into egg and frying the bread until crisp. If you've read some of my prior posts, you know I have a terrible sweet tooth. This is my spin on French toast.  Using bread that is already cinnamon-infused truly takes this favorite to a new level.

You will need:
Cinnamon or cinnamon raisin bread (Cinnabon, Pepperidge Farm, and 
Aunt Hattie's all have options)
One large egg
2-3 tablespoons of milk
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
Butter
Powdered sugar for dusting 



Blend by whisking together the egg, vanilla, milk, and cinnamon sugar.

Warm 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Dredge bread in egg mixture and pan fry both sides until crisp. Serve with:  A healthy dollop of Marshmallow Cream Cheese. To view recipe, visit the archives by clicking here.  
Enjoy!

If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment