Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Baja-Style Tacos Recipe #1

I love a great Baja-Style fish taco.  It is one of my favorite summertime foods that we also enjoy year-round; my husband and hobbits love them. I use two different recipes for my versions of Baja-styled tacos. This first recipe is an option I use on school nights or summer days when I'm a bit frenzied with all the auxiliaries (music, dance, sports, scouts, et cetera).  

Fast and Easy Baja Tacos
You will need: 
Beer battered fish filets (I personally like Gorton's)
Corn tortillas
Baja slaw.  See recipe in the archives by clicking here.
Lemons and limes
Guacamole to garnish.  I used my two-minute guacamole recipe from the archives. To view, click here

Cook the battered filets according to package instructions.  I really love Gorton's, they come out very crunchy as if they were fried, yet these are baked filets.  While your fish is cooking, prepare your slaw. It is better fresh, prepared the same day as it is served.  Set aside.  Wedge your lemons and limes, then warm your corn tortillas.  If you like your corn tortillas soft, you may opt to use a tortilla warmer.  If you don't have one, I find wrapping approximately 5 tortillas tightly in a paper towel and microwaving for about 45 seconds to 1 minute works just as well.  If you like your tortillas with a little crisp, place in the still-warm oven for about three minutes (which is how I prepared mine).  Arrange tacos to your liking and serve!


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
 
Follow me on Pinterest!!
 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤
 
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment